Sunday, February 8, 2009

Birthday Ideas

I can't believe it has been so long since I blogged anything......things have just been so busy......but I have been reading everybodys and trying to keep up.......Corey & I had Cub Scouts yesterday......we had our Den meeting and it was also the end of 'Scouting for Food'......the food drive we do every year for the local food pantries.........our pack collected alot of food......and it always makes me feel so good when the boys are doing something meaningful for somebody else.......then it was such a pretty day we followed Carol to her house for the boys to play a while.......

Today was Scout Sunday so we went to church at Zion Methodist Church (which is our Pack's sponsoring church).........it was really nice and everyone made us feel so welcome........

Then it was off to my parent's for Sunday lunch....that's right.....we go EVERY SUNDAY........how nice is that?.....well.......after lunch was done Corey had in his mind he was getting Aunt Sue to go outside with him to play Bad mitten.........but because of the wind it was switched to Tennis Rackets and tennis balls......we had alot of fun.....and yes I did take pictures (but I don't think Sue would appreciate me posting them).....He then climbed too high up in a tree.....and I didn't think he was going to be able to climb back down but after awhile he managed.........we came home.........he played in the yard and I got on the Internet & ordered some cub scout stuff we need..........

I'm trying to start making plans & figuring out what I'm going to do for Corey's Birthday (March 10th)........he wants to have a party at the Skating Rink in Franklin.....we've not done a Birthday party in a couple of years.......... Last year we took him & a friend and my brother-in-law, sister-in-law, niece & nephew to Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg......and the year before we went to the Mountains for 4 days to dig for jewels so he wants to have a 'friends' party this year.......Does anyone have any ideas how to make a skating party special or how to decorate?......a friend is working on a boy wearing skates for the invitations..........but other than that I'm clueless.......any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Have a Great Monday!

4 comments:

Donielle said...

Sounds like ya'll had a great weekend! That's so neat that you guys go to your parents' every Sunday to eat. I bet Great Wolfe Lodge was a lot of fun. I really don't have any good ideas for decorating, but maybe it would be neat to have a skate shaped cake, or a cake with something about skating on it.

Mary Lou said...

Hey Shari! God to have you back bloggin again. Are you sure the skating rink won't decorate for you? My niece did a party for her son this year at a skating rink, and they did EVERYTHING! They decorated, served the food, cut the cake, and cleaned up! Missy was very pleased. I think this place was over in little Washington. I'm not sure where you live, but I could get some info for you if you like. Happy Monday!

Missy Glave said...

You guys have been busy ... it's nice you have family around you can visit.

I just survived a 4-year-old's birthday party ... I don't have any ideas to share for a 10-year-old, but if I come up with something, I'll be sure to let you know.

Sue said...

We did have fun! I wasn't as sore this morning as I thought & the shoulder is fine. I even did some action songs with Kindergarten & first graders today-"Head & Shoulders" will stretch out the kinks!
Days like yesterday remind me how glad I am that ya'll moved back to NC!