Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Busy, Busy!

Our busy, busy weekend started on Friday.......I sent Corey to school long enough for him to take a spelling test & a math test and I picked him up at 10:30 to go hunting with one of his very best friends......Mr. Richard and Mrs. Ethel Mae......I have been really good friends with them for I guess about 30 years now........(whew.......just another reminder to myself how old I'm getting....ugh!!!) anyway.......this was the first time this season that Corey has been able to go with them........and wouldn't you know it....they saw N-O-T-H-I-N-G........but they did alot of bonding........and alot of talking........can any of you imagine Corey doing alot of talking?.....he is so much like me..........I think he had so much fun that he didn't even think about the fact of not killing his FIRST deer......


Getting ready to go Hunting!

Corey is in the back seat with all the coats and stuff....



Then Saturday, His Cub Scout Pack sold Bar-B-Q and Fried Chicken Plates before, during and after the Jackson Christmas Parade.....Corey stayed home with his daddy and I went to work.......I spooned alot of potatoes on plates that day......whew....I was glad when it was over......although things like that are alot of fun just cutting up & talking & laughing......good medicine for the soul sometimes.............

When I got home Corey was bored, daddy was busy in the shop with a friend that had come over....... so we decided to go to Roanoke Rapids for a while......we did a little shopping, ate supper and did alot of talking.....(imagine that).......we filled each other in on the days events...........I do love talking to him....and fortunately for me he's still at the age where he cares what I'm talking about....on the way we just drove around and looked at Christmas Decorations.......one of my favorite things to do..............


Then......Sunday morning......
We went to Sunday School at our church, Corey gave Mrs. Jayne a Poinsettia and a Willow Tree angel for Christmas......we didn't even know she collected them.......we gave her the little boy holding the gold heart........how appropriate was that?......especially being that he is the ONLY one in his class........they share a really special bond

Mrs. Jayne opening her Angel


Then it was off to Zion Methodist Church, who sponsors our Cub Scout Pack....the boys sang some Christmas songs for the church.......only 10 boys from the pack were able to come but they did a really good job (I thought)



Pack 834



Why did they have the papers all over the place?
After we sang we rushed home to change clothes, grab some lunch and it was off again to a Birthday Party for the afternoon....
So........That was our weekend......Monday was not much better...............I volunteered to work at Corey's school in the Santa Shop all day........the kids were so cute buying gifts for their families and I was so touched just to be a part of it..........it was really special.......AND I took my camera to get pictures of Corey 'shopping'.....but......did not even take one picture......what?????
Happy Tuesday!



5 comments:

Kelly said...

You did have a busy weekend! I love the pictures of Corey! His expression on his face in the first picture is so Colin Hudson! LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow, You were everywhere this weekend.....BTW I love reading your blog...you have such a knack for it....the pictures are adorable of Corey and his pack.

Shari said...

Thanks Rhonda....you are too sweet! And I L-O-V-E your ring....I can't wait to see it!

Mandy said...

Shari, you have a handsome son! My nephew Cole is the same way, he just wants to hunt, it isn't about the kill.

Judson's Mommy said...

You have been busy. The pictures are great of Corey. He looks as it he loves to go hunting.